Processing of personal data
MarsBased will process the personal data provided by Website users (‘Users’) through the forms on the Website and/or that MarsBased obtains through the cookies installed on the Website.
Depending on the processing activity carried out through the Website, the categories of personal data processed, the purposes of the processing and the legal basis for the processing will be different. This is explained in detail in the following table.
|Purpose||Legal basis||Categories of personal data processed|
|Manage contact requests made by users through the ‘Let's work together’ form||Application of pre-contractual measures (Art. 6.1b GDPR)||- Name
|Manage job applications made through the ‘I want to become Martian’ form and inform you about positions that may fit your profile or may be of your interest||Application of pre-contractual measures (Art. 6.1b GDPR)||- Name
- Place of residence
- Work preferences
- Professional experience
- Salary expectations
- Github profile, LinkedIn, personal blog
- CV and personal data contained therein
- Any other information the user wishes to add
|Send you our monthly newsletter when you have so requested through the ‘Subscribe to our Newsletter’ form||Consent of the data subject (art. 6.1.a GDPR)|
|Manage your navigation around the Website in accordance with the Cookies Policy||- Technical cookies: MarsBased’s legitimate interest (art. 6.1.f GDPR) in the operation and improvement of the Website
- Analytical, advertising and behavioural cookies: user consent (art. 6.1.a GDPR
|- IP address
- Browsing habits
|Analyse, develop and improve our Website||Legitimate interest (art. 6.1 f) GDPR) for the installation of technical cookies||Any personal data provided through the Website|
|Send you commercial communications about products and services offered by MarsBased that may be of your interest||Consent (art. 6.1.a GDPR)||- Email address
- Telephone number
Sending commercial communications
MarsBased may obtain your consent through the data collection forms to send you commercial communications about its own products and services by e-mail, SMS or any other equivalent means of electronic communication.
Recipients of personal data
MarsBased will not share your personal data with third parties, except when it is required to comply with applicable legal obligations.
However, your personal data may be shared with third-party service providers who need access to your personal data to provide their services. MarsBased has signed the corresponding data processor agreements with them in accordance with the provisions of Article 28 of the GDPR.
How long we keep your data
MarsBased will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. If the data is used for several purposes which require us to keep it for different periods of time, we will apply the longest retention period. In that case we will limit access to your data to the purpose for which it is retained.
- Personal data processed for purposes whose legal basis is your consent will be retained until your consent is revoked, you exercise your rights of erasure or objection to processing or for a shorter period if we consider that they are no longer necessary to carry out commercial actions, either because they are no longer adequate, relevant or they are outdated.
- Personal data processed for purposes for which the legal basis is the application of pre-contractual measures will be retained until the conclusion of a contract is ruled out.
- Personal data processed for purposes for which the legal basis is a legitimate interest shall be retained for as long as our legitimate interest is maintained.
- Personal data processed for purposes whose legal basis is the fulfilment of a legal obligation will be retained for the periods required by the specific applicable regulations (tax, commercial, money laundering, personal data protection, general product safety, etc.).
MarsBased will implement all necessary technical and organisational measures to protect personal data collected through the Website, as well as any non-personal information provided to us through the Website (e.g. in connection with your project).
All data (personal and non-personal) obtained through the Website will be processed with absolute confidentiality, maintaining the utmost secrecy and preventing any unauthorised disclosure and access to them. To this end, MarsBased guarantees that the persons authorised to process such data are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
Data protection rights
Users may exercise their rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation of processing and portability by sending a request to MARSBASED, S.L. with address at Carrer de Sardenya, 470, 2n 1ª, 08025 Barcelona, or to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
If you consider that we have not processed your personal data in accordance with the regulations, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency, with address at Calle Jorge Juan, 6, 28001, Madrid (www.aepd.es).