Venturing into developing our own product
Diario del capitán, fecha estelar d244.y38/AB
We would like to announce our final surprise for this year!
Please, meet Rosetta.
2019 is bringing a lot of changes to the MarsBased flagship. We have recently announced that we're offering Node.js development services, and that we're incorporating React into our techstack as well, thus broadening our toolbelt.
The third and last big change we wanted to announce is that we're building our own product. Want to learn more? Read on!
Why are you getting into product?
Since early 2014, we have been providing our development services to dozens of different clients around the world, including multinational corporations, startups, NGOs and small and medium business alike, the likes of RakutenTV, the Barcelona City Council, Zapptales or C40.
We have developed web and mobile platforms for all kinds of different sectors. There's not a single field we haven't covered, including mobility, IoT, Smart Cities, marketplaces, fintech and video streaming platforms, just to name a few.
Throughout the years, we have also counseled and mentored some of our clients on best practices of how to build a product, weighing in with our UX knowledge and the insights we've accumulated in previous projects.
As the company has progressed, we've seen that consulting scales only so much. The more your company grows, the more people you need, but it rarely grows beyond a linear progression.
Suffice to say, we're happy with that, as we are not a startup, we are a lifestyle business (and we love it!) but so far, we're 100% dependant on our consulting clients, and we thought it would be safer to diversify our revenue souces.
Last, but not least, we have been listening to our clients and prospective clients' needs, and we've found a very niche need the market isn't covering as of yet. Furthermore, we need to solve this for ourselves as well, so we will be our first client, thus scratching our own itches.
It is a combination of many factors. We simply can not single out any of them.
- Focus: After over five years of full-time consulting, we feel like the company is solid enough to divide split our focus in two: our long-running consulting services and the development of our own product.
- Team: We haven't lost a team member in well over a year and a half now. This stability gives us extra confidence in using our know-how and our procedures to develop yet another project with the same team members.
- Network: We have build a strong network of contacts, partners, sponsors and clients during our first five years, and we can leverage it to find customers rapidly.
- Knowledge: We have been building many software products over the years. From each one, we have learnt a thing or two regarding, design, product roadmap, UX, pricing and so on.
- Financials: Being in a strong financial position allows us to invest in our own product with a little extra confidence we wouldn't have otherwise.
What is it?
Rosetta is a tool for HR departments and companies to assess the language skills of their candidates.
We want to help them hire candidates for all languages in a faster and more cost-efficient manner using technology.
When will it be available? Can I try it?
We're still in the early phases of the project, testing it internally and with a very limited set of clients.
If you want to become an alpha tester, you can drop us an e-mail!
Want to be in the know? Sign up to our newsletter to be the first to know using this signup form. We email you once a month with interesting articles, discounts for our events and other insightful content about development, technology and entrepreneurship.