Growth Lead (100% Remote - €30-55K)
We are looking for a cross-functional growth profile, focussed on content marketing, to ensure that all of our marketing efforts are taken care of, seamlessly interconnected, correctly monitored and growing following our principles, with a special interest in becoming the co-host of our podcast, Life on Mars!
The following list contains a lot of things that you will be doing in the long-term, but not immediately! We don't want to overwhelm you, but you need to be aware that there are a lot of fronts to be covered. As a small company, we have got a lot of things going on, which luckily don't require too much time. For instance, right now we devote about two to four hours per month to the three newsletters we curate.
- Define a marketing strategy for the company as a whole and for each of the marketing projects individually.
- Devise ways for the company to grow organically in all dimensions by interconnecting all of our marketing projects and/or connecting them to new platforms.
- Improve our data collection processes and platforms to make decisions regarding growth and where to invest more efforts as a company.
- Think outside-of-the-box to help us grow in interesting and fun ways.
- Communication & Media:
- Lead communications with press and leading media outlets to provide good coverage and SEO.
- Curate our newsletters (MarsBased, Startup Digest, Startup Grind Barcelona).
- Edit and improve our podcast episodes (video and audio) to unleash the podcast's full potential.
- Gradually get involved with the actual show to become a co-host of Life on Mars!
- Create quality content tailored to every platform and audience (blog, Github, podcast, social media, etc.).
- Understand that MarsBased is a community-oriented company and what this means.
- Engage actively with other players in the ecosystems we belong and reach out to new ecosystems.
- Identify opportunities within the open source world and the startup and tech scenes.
- Curate our existing community understanding their needs and being respectful of their privacy and preferences.
- Good editing skills of audio and video episodes for our podcast and for our content efforts.
- Basic graphic editing knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Spanish and English.
- Very good organization and self-management working remotely.
- Ability to create content of multiple formats tailored to each different platform and audience.
- Multitasking skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Problem-solving attitude and ability to come up with practical solutions when things break.
- You will report to the CEO with ability to crunch data on spreadsheets, being able to summarise it and being straight to the point.
- General knowledge of state-of-the-art marketing tools and best practices.
- Proactive, responsible and committed.
- Familiar with our current marketing stack: Slack, Mailchimp, Typeform, Buzzsprout, YouTube, Social media (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter), Hubspot, Google Analytics.
- At least two years of leading growth in a B2B technical company.
- Understanding of the software development industry, especially the custom development consulting sector.
- Ability to connect different platforms through direct integration or using no-code solutions.
- Ability to offer always different courses of action, comparing pros/cons, prices, estimated implementation time, and other criteria.
- General knowledge of blogging strategies and willingness to lead ours.
- Experience hosting and organising events (online and offline) on every level.
- You may only apply for this position if you reside in Europe.
- Candidates residing in Barcelona will receive extra consideration because they will be able to help us with our in-person Startup Grind events.
- Competitive salary.
- Work from home or from a coworking space.
- Flexible working hours.
- Amazing coworkers.
- Modern tech stack and methodologies.
- Transparency and quality-oriented culture.
- Company activities.
- Refer talented people to the team and you will get a bonus of 1.000 euros per hire.
- Check the whole list of benefits & perks here!
- Between 30.000 - 55.000 euro per year, depending on experience.
How to apply?
If you are looking for a new challenge in your career, fill in this form and tell us why you are the perfect fit for MarsBased.