Senior Ruby on Rails Backend Developer / Freelance
We’re looking for a senior backend developer to collaborate in our projects, with strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Communication with clients and teammates.
- Self-management working remotely.
- Regular contributor to open source projects.
- Positive attitude towards new challenges.
- Attention to details.
- Fast learner.
- Proactive & able to work alone on projects managed by you.
- Fluent in written & spoken English.
- At least 3 years of production experience building Ruby on Rails applications.
- At least 1 year of production experience in any other backend programming language.
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases, especially PostgreSQL.
- Production experience deploying and maintaining Ruby on Rails applications. Familiar with Capistrano, Docker and the Amazon Web Services platform.
- Strong Git knowledge.
- Familiar with Ruby automatic test frameworks like Rspec and Capybara.
- Be able to build software that scales over time, in both performance and maintainability.
- Good software writer. Not only do we want you to solve problems, but we also want to understand your solutions.
- You may only apply for this position if you reside in Europe.
- Between €25 and €40 per hour, depending on experience.
How to apply?
If you are looking for a new challenge in your career, fill in this form and tell us why you are the perfect fit for MarsBased.