Project Manager (100% Remote - Freelance)
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Martian team to ensure the smooth development of our multiple projects enabling our leadership team to be more focused on other areas.
- Set the overall project schedule and the sprints for each project phase.
- Define all the different areas of the project including the scope, objectives, schedule and tasks.
- Identify blocking issues compromising the smooth development of the project and provide solutions.
- Ensure the project completion on time and within budget.
- Product ownership:
- Understand client needs and product roadmap.
- Work with the development team to come up with an efficient solution to client needs.
- Define specifications for the product features so they are clear for the development team.
- Ensure an integrated end-to-end customer experience.
- Kick off the project and set up all the tools required to organize and manage it.
- Organise project documentation and credentials to ensure all the parties involved have access to it.
- Upon project completion, deliver the final product to the client as agreed and clean up the tools used.
- Communication and reporting:
- Agree with clients on channels and frequency of meetings and reports to inform about the progress of the projects.
- Coordinate meetings with team and clients to ensure the successful execution of each sprint of the project.
- Communicate proactively with the team and clients providing transparent information on the state of the project and thus avoiding snowball effects.
- Act as liaison between clients and developers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Spanish and English.
- Very good organization and self-management working remotely.
- Positive attitude towards new challenges and/or unforeseen situations.
- Multitasking skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Problem solving attitude and ability to come up with practical solutions.
- Strong negotiation skills especially when communicating difficult decisions and/or deviations on agreed project scope, deadlines, etc.
- Self-confidence to communicate transparently.
- Empathy and ability to manage the relationship with clients and team also during challenging situations.
- Proactive, responsible and committed.
- At least two years of experience managing international tech projects using modern web development technologies.
- Understanding of the software development industry, specially the custom development consulting sector.
- Ability to understand and define product roadmaps.
- Familiar with UX/UI concepts.
- Understanding of agile methodologies (such as Scrum and Kanban), new technologies and trends.
- Experience managing projects with Jira.
- Basic Git knowledge and experience with the review process of tasks in platforms such as Github, Gitlab or Bitbucket.
- You may only apply for this position if you reside in Europe.
- Between €25 and €40 per hour, depending on experience.
How to apply?
If you are looking for a new challenge in your career, fill in this form and tell us why you are the perfect fit for MarsBased.